It is the mission of the Granger Parks and Recreation Department to create recreational opportunities for growth and enhancement by developing services and programs that promote citizen involvement and a strong sense of community while striving to increase the social, cultural, and physical well-being of its residents and visitors.
We currently are offering the following adult classes & programs:
- Freezer Meal Class: Are you short on time? Would you like your Valley West Hy-Vee Dietitian, Jenn, and Simple Fix Coordinator, Jess, to do all the shopping, prepping and clean up for you? Join us for an event and bring home 10 delicious meals for your freezer, ready to pull when you need them.
- The Knotty Nail: The Knotty Nail™, Central Iowa’s original string art and laser cut sign studio, brings groups together for fun, DIY art workshops that NAIL it every time!
- Will Workshop: If you were to die while your child is under 18 years old, who will be your child’s guardian? Who will be in charge of your child’s inheritance? These questions need answers, and we will touch on all the decisions you need to make to ensure your children are provided for.
- Turbo Kick: Each Turbo Kick class is packed with real kickboxing moves, calorie-blasting HIIT training, and body-weight exercises. You’ll leave every class dripping sweat – and ready to conquer anything! Total-Body Cardio sculpts your upper and lower body and burns major calories with rhythmic boxing and kickboxing combinations.
- Kids Hairstyling 101: Parents only! Come learn the basics of how to braid children’s hair. Aveda institute students will assist and mannequins will be provided.
- Sand Volleyball: Non-officiated league with all participants calling their own game. This is a for-fun league with standings. Matches run approx. 50 minutes with rally point scoring. Best of 2 of 3 games to 25, playing the rest of the allotted time just for fun.
- Morning Bootcamp: This two month program will give you the motivation and techniques to achieve your 2017 fitness goals using a variety of body weight exercises that are adaptable for all fitness levels.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Training: skills certification through American Heart Association. Full Certification is good for 2 years. Certification is CPR and AED, but First Aid can be added.
- Yoga: is for everyone! Yoga provides strength, flexibility, and balance for both body and mind. Regular yoga practice can help improve circulation, digestion, and posture. It can stimulate the immune system, decrease stress level, boost self-esteem and create a sense of calmness.
- Axis Fitness: 30 minute focus on your foundation – the core. Create stability from the axis, the middle of your body, the basis of all movement and layer on Mobility strength and power. Power to the core!
- Personal Training: Elizabeth is offering to work one on one with female residents in the community and together help build a stronger version through the journey of fitness. She will offer 45 minute morning appointments. All session times must be scheduled prior to registration and based on availability.
- Indoor Volleyball: Non-officiated league with all participants calling their own game. Gym supervisor will be present if needed. This is a for-fun league with standings. Matches run approx. 50 minutes with rally point scoring. Best of 2 of 3 games to 25, playing the rest of the allotted time just for fun.
- Financial Peace University: What if you knew where all of your money was going each month? What if you were debt-free, investing and making wise spending decisions? With Dave Ramsey’s class Financial Peace University, you CAN take control of your money and start planning for your future.
- Zumba: is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health. This program blends red-hot international music, and contagious steps to form a “fitness-party” that is downright addictive.