The City of Granger is pleased to offer plenty of green space for residents and visitors. The Community center and shelter houses are available for rent.
Parks and Recreation Director
Granger Community Center
2200 Walnut Street
Granger, IA 50109
- Provide clean and safe parks, green spaces, and recreational facilities.
- Provide efficient services to residents regardless of income, background, and ability.
- Effectively plan for the future needs of Granger residents.
- Continually strive to improve existing facilities while seeking opportunities for future development.
- To improve the quality of life for all citizens.
Upcoming Registration Deadlines:
Online Registration for Summer/Fall will open April 1st!
Summer Volleyball Camp (Kindergarten – 8th Grade) – May 15
Sylvan Sum Fun Camp (Entering 1-3rd Grade) – May 15
Summer Sand Volleyball (Adult) – May 20
Rounded Minds Sports (Ages 3-6) – May 31
Sylvan Learning Rocking Robotics (1st – 5th Grade) – June 1
Sylvan Learning Advanced Robotics (6th – 8th Grade) – June 1
June Freezer Meal Class (Adult) – June 5
How to Register for Programs
Now you are able to register for Parks and Recreation programs 24/7! Click on the Program you are interested in on the left sidebar and follow the registration link. This will take you to our site for registrations. Follow the on screen directions and you will be registered before you know it.
Programs, activities, special events that are canceled, postponed or changed in location will be announced as soon as possible. Please check Facebook or this page in the upper right corner for updates under Parks & Rec Alerts.
The Granger Parks and Rec programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. We offer credits to accounts if the Granger Parks and Rec Department has to cancel the program or if it’s due to medical reasons that you or your child cannot participate.