Granger Parks and Rec Board Meeting, Wednesday November 7th, 2018
- General Agenda Items:
Call to Order: Jeri Wendzel called to order at 7:02p.m.
Roll Call: Present – Carla Drennen, Jeri Wendzel, Jennifer Kopp, Ryan Castro, and Erik Smith
Members of Public – Jennifer Harned (Parks and Rec Director)
Approval of the Agenda – Jenn Motions, Erik 2nds
Approval of April 23, 2018 Minutes: Carla motions, Jenn 2nds
Public Forum- None
- Board Discussion Items
- Director Report:
- Basketball- 3rd Grade and Up: There is interest in the Parks and Rec board taking over the traveling basketball league from Bret Achenbach. Athletic director has also reached out to Jen about heading up this league. We could possibly reach out to have the athletic director come and talk to us at a future meeting. Jen would be responsible for organizing both coaches and teams. If we did join the Clive league, we would posssibly lose money as they charge $550 per team.
- Budget 2019-2020: We discussed priorities for the next budget year.
- Siding at Centennial Concession Stand
- Updates to Centennial Park
- Harney Park Development
- Drawing for Sports Complex
- Community Center:
- Remaining amount of floor
- Accordian Wall
- Oven Replacement
- Parking Lot Expansion at CCRA
III. New Software: The new software is up and running. It seems to be easier to navigate. May be a little more difficult to sign up as you have to go back to the beginning each time you want to sign up for a new event.
- CCRA/Parks: Currently, out of our 2018/2019 fiscal budget, Parks is 28% spent, and the Community Center is 17% spent.
- Grants Update: None.
- City Council Update: None
III. Board Action: None
- Old Business: None
- New Business: Next meeting will be Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 at 7:00 PM.
VI Adjournment: All Ayes to Adjourn
Jenn motions, Erik seconds, meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
Submitted by Jennifer Kopp, Secretary