Granger Parks and Rec Board Meeting, May 1st, 2019
I. General Agenda Items:
Call to Order: Jeri Wendzel called to order at 7:02p.m.
Roll Call: Present – Jeri Wendzel, Jennifer Kopp, Ryan Castro, and Erik Smith
Members of Public – Jennifer Harned (Parks and Rec Director), Brad Feick
Approval of the Agenda – Carla motions, Erik seconds (all ayes)
Approval of April 3rd, 2019 Minutes: Carla motions, Erik seconds (all ayes)
Public Forum- None
I. Board Discussion Items
1. Director’s Report:
I. Concession Stand :
● There have been items bought for finishing the concession stand. Soon, they may
have to hire someone out for electrical and pluming.
● The emergency funds need to be used or chosen to be used by June 30th
● We have more to put in the main room. It should be finished next week.
III. Stone Bridge Church
● They would like put vinyl decals in the storage room where chairs and tables are
placed. They use this space for church and would like to plac these in the room as
a permanent fixture.
● Carla Motions to approve upon removal of the wall and painting. Jerry Seconds.
● Recommending to do a policy for employees to receive the residential rate of the
● We agree that if you are a paid city employee you will qualify to receive the
● Jeri Motions. Jenn motions (All ayes).
V. Summer Staff Raises
● Jen would like to have the city council include Sharon Wiese and Erin Kamp to
receive a 3% raise this summer beginning July 1. They both will be working for a
● Ryan motions. Jeri seconds (All ayes).
VI. July Board Meeting
● We may have July’s board meeting moved to Monday July 1st.
2. CCRA/Parks: Currently, out of our 2018/2019 fiscal budget, we are unsure of how much
money has been spent. Jen is getting the numbers from Kristy.
3. Grants Update:
● Bock Family Foundation Grant
○ Jen received a rejection letter for this grant.
III. Board Action:
IV. Old Business: None.
V. New Business: Next meeting will be Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
VI. Adjournment: All Ayes to Adjourn
Jeri motions, Ryan seconds, meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM
Submitted by Jennifer Kopp, Secretary