Granger Parks and Rec Board Meeting, April 3, 2019
- General Agenda Items:
Call to Order: Jeri Wendzel called to order at 7:00p.m.
Roll Call: Present – Jeri Wendzel, Carla Drennen, Ryan Castro, and Erik Smith (late)
Members of Public – Jennifer Harned (Parks and Rec Director)
Approval of the Agenda – All Ayes
Approval of February 6th, 2019 Minutes: All Ayes
Appealing to Parks and Recreation for a city soccer team(s). Posted in Facebook asking for parent-oriented soccer, has 15 to 20 people interested in helping. Believes soccer is needed and asked for a motion to establish a spring soccer league through Parks and Recreation for 2020
Jennifer Harned has asked for Spring to replace next years Summer League instead.
- Board Discussion Items
- Director’s Report:
- Concession Stand
- Emergency funding has been granted to finish the concession stand. Fund to be available for the amount of $10,000.00 (Ten thousand dollars)
- Concession Stand Manager
- Jennifer Harned has drawn up a position description for Concession Stand Manger. Debate was had regarding Credit Checks and whether we should be doing them. Board decided to skip credit checks and just do background checks instead. It was also mentioned that the phrase “Reliable transportation to work” should be added to the required knowledge, skills and abilities section.
- Acoustics will be installed in the community center in the next few weeks
- Entryway Furniture
- The Lake Country Bible Chapel Choir donation was used to purchase Entryway furniture. Picture was included in monthly reports but shows two seating pieces, one seats 3 and the other seats 2.
- We have had a few inquiries about having the resident vs. non-resident fee reviewed, with a specific voice being Julie Stanger. After some debate, the board agreed to go to the city council to request the ability to make a Non-Resident Exemption list for the rental of the community center with the motion to be as followed: The Resident Exemption list will be for volunteer members of city organizations and city employees. Ryan motioned, Scott 2nd, all in favor.
- Grants Update:
- Dallas County Foundation: Denied
III. Board Action:
- Old Business: None.
- New Business: Next meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7 PM.
VI Adjournment: All Ayes to Adjourn at 8:09 PM
Minutes taken by Carla Drennen, Second Chair
Submitted by Jennifer Kopp, Secretary