Granger Parks and Rec Board Meeting, Monday, April 23, 2018
Call to Order: Lexi D. Called to order at 8:05pm.
Roll Call: Present – Lexi Diersen, Carla Drennen, Jeri Wendzel, Jennifer Kopp
Absent: Angie Sebastian
Members of Public – Jennifer Harned (Parks and Rec Director), Brad Feick, Sarah Watts, Sharon Wiese
Approval of the Agenda – Jeri motioned, Lexi seconded, all approved
Approval of March 26, 2018 Minutes: Lexi motioned, Jeri seconded, all approved
Public Forum- None
- Trails Committee Presentation: Community visioning
- Background mapping of Granger
- Landscape architects came up with plan to move the city forward
- Gives connection points to meet with regional parks
- Creek crossing & Trail Hub: Connect ball fields to Windcrest park
- Hub- Granger is a hub that can connect surrounding communities
- Downtown Gateway & Streetscape: Adopt a planter? Gateway to town
- Sycamore Gateway & Trail hub: Plaza to match one by Windcrest
- 141 Crossing & Gateway: Signage and crossing to safely get across
- Director Report: Water fountain has been fully installed; Surveys are all entered in/ data next month (May)
- CCRA/Parks: CCRA budget at 81% spent; Parks budget at 82% spent.
- Grants Update: Did not get the Bock Family Foundation Inc Grant, very competitive this year.
- City Council: Nothing to report
Board Action: None
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Next meetings: May 29, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
Drennen motioned to adjourn; Diersen seconded. All Ayes.
Diersen declared the meeting adjourned at 8:34 pm.