The City of Granger is pleased to offer plenty of green space for residents and visitors. The Community center and shelter houses are available for rent.
Parks and Recreation Coordinator
Granger Community Center
2200 Walnut Street
Granger, IA 50109
- Provide clean and safe parks, green spaces, and recreational facilities.
- Provide efficient services to residents regardless of income, background, and ability.
- Effectively plan for the future needs of Granger residents.
- Continually strive to improve existing facilities while seeking opportunities for future development.
- To improve the quality of life for all citizens.
Upcoming Registration Deadlines:
Mother/Daughter Tea Party – May 1st
CHAMP (Soccer for 18 months – 5 years old) – May 26th
May Morning Bootcamp – Join anytime!
Bam Bam (3-5 year olds) – June 1st
Summer Soccer (K-5th Grade) – June 1st
How to Register for Programs
All registrations need to be made at Granger City Hall office or on-line. There are 4 easy sign-up options for your convenience:
- Walk in and register during City Hall office hours.
- Place your registration form & payment in an envelope, place in the drop box located outside City Hall’s front door.
- Mail your registration form and payment.
- On-line registration (paperless).
Can’t get into our office? No problem. Now you are able to register for Parks and Recreation programs 24/7! Click on the Program you are interested in on the left sidebar and follow the registration link. This will take you to our site for registrations. Follow the on screen directions and you will be registered before you know it.
Programs, activities, special events that are canceled, postponed or changed in location will be announced as soon as possible. Please check Facebook or this page in the upper right corner for updates.
The Granger Parks and Rec programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. The only time we offer refunds is if the Granger Parks and Rec Department has to cancel the program or if it’s due to medical reasons that you or your child cannot participate.